Today we start a lot of new things…lets cover them:
(1) Payment is due no later than Tuesday. We hate to remind and have to ask for money, its the worst part of it all. So please, be on time with your payment. If not, each day there will be a $10 late fee. Sorry to have to do that.
(2) We added time to our current schedule. We added Open Gym hours. On Mon, Tues, Wed and Friday from 4:30-5:30pm and Sat from 10:45-11:45am.
(3) One of my dreams for the gym is to one day have a Barbell Club, a program dedicated to the sport of Olympic Weightlifting. So, to take a step further in that direction, on those added Open Gym days, for the month of December, we will be doing free Olympic programming. This is on Mon, Tues, Wed and Fri at 4:30-5:30pm and 10:45-11:45 on Saturday. What does this mean? Well, it will be workouts geared towards the Olympic Lifts and overall strength. No, it will not be coached, which is why it is free for December. If the interest grows enough, the plan is to make it a fully coached class, separate from CrossFit. Come try this out if you are interested!
(4) In January we plan on challenging you in your diet routine. This means we are taking the month of December to prep you. On Mondays we will give you a recipe to try out, something you can add to arsenal for January’s challenge. We also need you to start working to a diet filled with the good, and less of the junk. This means colorful pallettes of food. Veggies in all colors, a little fruit and nuts, lean protein and no sugar. Dairy and grains are another subject all together. No, we are not trying to make you all full paleo, instead we are trying to make you aware of what is good, quality foods versus processed, “fake” foods.
(5) Your first recipe to try out is Buffalo Chicken Pasta. Just click the link to find the recipe. This one is delicious, no joke, actually try it!
(6) This week, we will debut our new hoodie, sweatpants to match, and Swink girls shirt. All are preorder, so make sure you don’t let this pass you by!
(7) Finally, we are going to be doing a base line this week. This means we are getting some max numbers while working technique. So come prepared and come to as many days this week as you can!
Swink Fundamentals -Shoulder Strength/Mobility
Strength: -15:00 to find 1RM on Deadlift -10:00 to find 1RM on Strict Press
Conditioning: 7:00 AMRAP -Garage to Curb sprint -5 Burpees
Swink Performance -Shoulder Strength/Mobility
Strength: -15:00 to find 5RM on Deadlift -10:00 to find 1RM on Push Press
Conditioning: 7:00 AMRAP -Strict Pullups (6/3) -5 Burpees
Whatchu know about that “X”!?! Jess and Jack getting after that bar.